News from the SMART-Social Enterprise project…
The next SMART Social Enterprise visit is to:
WHERE: Hockerton Housing Project
ADDRESS: The Watershed, Gables Drive, Hockerton, Southwell, Nottinghamshire NG25 OQU
WHEN: Friday 24th September 2010 from 10:45am – 2:30pm. (Refreshments available from 10:15am for a prompt 10:45am start)
Cost: FREE (includes a networking lunch)
Delivered by: Rob Cartwright & Simon Tilley, residents & directors
SMART SE visits are open to anyone in the East Midlands with an interest in social enterprise.
Hockerton Housing Project (HHP) is the UK’s first earth sheltered, self-sufficient ecological housing development. The residents of the five houses generate their own clean energy, harvest their own water and treat their own waste water causing minimal pollution & carbon dioxide emissions. HHP is not just a place to live. Residents also work together to:
- Promote sustainable living to a wide audience.
- Promote affordable, ultra-low energy dwellings.
- Demonstrate viability of zero carbon dwellings.
- Demonstrate that ordinary families and individuals can take responsibility for, and contribute to, reducing the output of greenhouse gases that create global warming.
HHP’s services include:
- Eco-friendly new build housing
- Eco-friendly retrofit of existing housing
- Renewable energy systems
For more information visit www.hockertonhousingproject.org.uk
To book your place on the visit please contact Fergus Brazel on 0115 875 8828 or e-mail email@example.com. Places are limited and on a strictly first-come, first-served basis, so you are advised to book early. For more information about the SMART SE project visit www.smartse.org.uk.