We would really welcome some more cafe co-ordinators to join us in organising the cafe. It’s not that onerous as we have run it on a rota basis, so if you could do a few cafes a year that would be fantastic.
Please ring Lucy 0116 259 2118, Anna 0116 291 6217 or Elspeth 0116 257 1857 or drop us an email on charlucy (at) googlemail (dot) com if you would like to join us or just want to talk it through. If there’s a particular bit that you’re interested in doing, rather than the whole job that could work too, get in touch.
This is what it entails:
- 2 weeks before cafe sending out flier to cafe crew list and asking them to advertise event and to let us know what food they can contribute and whether they can help on the day
- Chasing up people for offers of food a few days before
- Arriving at Bishop St Methodist Church and setting up at 11am (we have about 6 boxes of “stuff” to bring in) This involves setting out tables, banners, food etc, – it’s all very easy!
- During the cafe a group of volunteers will run the cafe, serve food, take money and wash up, so it’s not necessary for the co-ordinator to be there all the time
- Pay rent for hall and keep a tally of money for event in book provided
- Closing the cafe down at 4pm, clearing away and either taking boxes back to your house or handing them on to next cafe co-ordinator for following month.
That’s it, it’s really that easy and lots of fun too. The cafe has been going from strength to strength so we would welcome new co-ordinators to join the team, a great way to participate in all the cafe events too!